A-Z: E

Building
Eaton Hall
1520 W. 15th St.
Lawrence, KS 66045

This building in the engineering complex was dedicated Oct. 17, 2003, and named for major donor Robert J. Eaton, a 1963 alumnus and retired chair of DaimlerChrysler AG.

Eaton donated $5 million for the project, about one-third of the cost of the 80,000-square-foot hall, which was funded entirely through private donations. It was designed by Gould Evans Associates of Lawrence and is connected by an enclosed walkway to Learned Hall.

Dining
Ekdahl Dining Center
1530 Engel Road Lawrence
Lawrence, KS 66045

Opened in 1983 and now known as “Mrs. E’s,” it was named in 1993 for Lenoir D. Ekdahl, director of residence-hall food service for 35 years before her retirement in 1989. The three-level dining center for the 3,300 students in Daisy Hill residence halls adjoins Lewis Hall; it features food-court style service and seats about 700 diners. A $5 million renovation completed in August 2013 included new equipment and furnishings, new food stations and revamped menus and food service.

Building
Ellsworth Residence Hall
1734 Engel Road
Lawrence, KS 66045

Built in 1963 as a men’s hall, it is named for Fred Ellsworth, a 1922 journalism alumnus who from 1924 to 1963 was secretary of the Alumni Association and editor of its Graduate Magazine. Remodeled in 2002-03, it houses men and women in two-person rooms, suites and studios.

Building
Engineering Structural Testing & Student Project Facility
2037 Becker Drive
Lawrence, KS 66047

This building incorporates a high bay facility for research, testing and developing large structural systems such as concrete piers or steel girder connections for bridges; and a student projects fabrication center for design competition teams and students in capstone design courses.

Faculty and students in several School of Engineering departments use the 24,700-square-foot building, completed in summer 2014.

Building
KU Endowment Building
1891 Constant Ave.
Lawrence, KS 66047

In April 1998 KU Endowment moved to this $5 million, 52,000-square-foot building in the West District designed by Nearing Staats Prelogar Jones of Prairie Village. It is at least the third home of the Endowment, established in 1891 as the first foundation of its kind at a U.S. public university.

For many years its headquarters were in several buildings on the main campus, but in 1976 it moved to Irvin Youngberg Hall, which is named for the Endowment's longtime executive secretary. 


One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
—ALA
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times