A-Z: N

Building
National Register of Historic Places

In April 2013, the University of Kansas Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places, after being listed on the Register of Historic Kansas Places in February 2013.

Building
Nichols Hall
2335 Irving Hill Road
Lawrence, KS 66045

The $2.4 million hall, designed by Hollis & Miller of Overland Park, opened in fall 1971 and was dedicated Sept. 29, 1972. It was named for Raymond F. Nichols (1903-99), 12th chancellor (1972-73) and chancellor emeritus, journalism alumnus (1926 and 1928) and longtime KU administrator (1929-73).

Building
Nunemaker Center
1506 Engel Road
Lawrence, KS 66045
Built in 1971 with a gift of $415,000 from Irene Nunemaker, a 1922 graduate in journalism who became a cosmetics executive and consultant, it was designed by 1928 architecture alumnus Clarence Kivett of Kivett & Myers of Kansas City, Mo. It houses the University Honors Program; staff offices; class, conference and meeting rooms; reference/reading area; student kitchen; meeting room; and lounge.

Filter by
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
—ALA
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times