A-Z: R

Building
Rieger Scholarship Hall
1323 Ohio St.
Lawrence, KS 66044

This hall, dedicated Sept. 24, 2005, houses women in a mix of traditional rooms and suites in two wings. The common areas include a courtyard, living room, dining area, kitchen and recreational room.

The hall was funded through a $3 million gift by Roger and Annette Rieger of Seattle, both 1967 alumni, in memory of Roger's brother Dennis, who earned a bachelor's in political science at KU in 1972 and a master's in business in 1974.

Building
Robinson Center
1301 Sunnyside Ave.
Lawrence, KS 66045

State Architect James Canole and Dwight C. Brown & Associates of Topeka designed the concrete and yellow-brick building, completed in April 1966 east of Allen Fieldhouse; a $6 million addition designed by Lund & Balderson of Overland Park opened in August 1980.

Building
Rock Chalk Park
6100 Rock Chalk Drive
Lawrence, KS 66049

A cooperative effort of the City of Lawrence and Kansas Athletics that opened in 2014 in northwest Lawrence, the park provides community athletics and exercise facilities as well as NCAA-standard competition and practice venues for KU soccer, softball, tennis, and track and field teams.


One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
—ALA
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times