A-Z: T

Artwork
Tai Chi Figure
Green Hall
Lawrence, KS 66045

Zhu Ming, 1985

This large piece, on the east lawn of Green Hall, was purchased by the Spencer Museum in 1987 with support from the Wescoe Fund, endowed by former Chancellor and Mrs. W. Clarke Wescoe.

The piece honors Barbara Wescoe’s father, Judge Willard M. Benton, a 1920 alumnus of the School of Law. It was dedicated Oct. 31, 1987.

Building
Templin Residence Hall
1515 Engel Road
Lawrence, KS 66045

This seven-story residence hall, opened in 1959, was extensively remodeled in 1997 into single, two- and four-person suites for men and women. Each floor, or “house,” honors a person or tradition of excellence at KU; an honors program community is based here, and students must maintain a minimum GPA.

In 1998 the cafeteria/dining hall was renovated and expanded for use as the Visitor Center and the Office of Admissions. 

Building
Twente Hall
1545 Lilac Lane
Lawrence, KS 66045

Originally Watkins Memorial Hospital, the building opened in January 1932. It was funded by Elizabeth Miller Watkins, a doctor’s daughter and widow of Lawrence banker/financier Jabez B. Watkins, for whom it was named.


One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
—ALA
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times