All

Building
Chalmers Hall
1467 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045

This building to house visual arts studios, classrooms and academic offices was designed by Paul Krause, a 1956 alumnus and principal at Horner & Krause of Kansas City, KS. Construction began in 1977 on the hilltop south of Marvin Hall.

The structure of red brick had an open plan over steel trusses in 115,000 square feet; it absorbed “new” Fowler Shops, which had opened in 1949, adding about 26,600 square feet. Old mechanical engineering shops were razed to make way for the $5.75 million project, dedicated April 9, 1978.


One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
—ALA
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times