Anderson Family Football Complex

(AFFC)
1146 Fambrough Way Lawrence, KS 66044

The $31-million football complex adjacent to Memorial Stadium, begun in October 2006, opened in August 2008. HNTB Architecture of Kansas City, Mo., oversaw plans for the 80,000-square-foot complex. It includes academic areas; locker rooms; facilities for weight and cardio training, hydrotherapy, audio-visual screenings and nutrition; coaches’ offices; two practice fields; and new parking lots. The roof of the weight room, about 20,000 square feet, is bermed into the hill to the southwest of the stadium and covered with grass.

Among the major donors for the complex are Dana and Sue Anderson, their son, Justin, and his wife, Jean, in whose honor the complex is named; Tom and Julie Kivisto, for whom the stadium field has been named; Charles and Sharon Lynch Kimbell; Frank Sabatini and family; and Ken Wagnon; an anonymous interest-free loan of $6.5 million also was made.