Anschutz Library

(ANSL)
1301 Hoch Auditoria Dr Lawrence, KS 66045
 
 
 

Dedicated Oct. 7, 1989, it is named in honor of Fred and Marian Anschutz, parents of Philip Anschutz, a 1961 business alumnus and entrepreneur in telecommunications, entertainment and media companies, sports teams and arenas, railroads, and real estate. He and his wife, Nancy, gave $6.5 million for an endowed library acquisitions fund. Peckham Guyton Albers & Viets Inc. of Overland Park were the architects.

The library the Learning Studio, computer lab, the KU Writing Center, and scientific and technology holdings. It is a Regional Federal Depository for U.S. documents and an official depository library for the United Nations and the European Union. It also houses GIS and data services; instructional services; and the T.R. Smith Map Collection.