Baehr Audio-Reader Center

(BAHR)
1120 W 11th St. Lawrence, KS 66044

The Audio-Reader Center opened in November 1988 after the original 1910 building—formerly the Phi Kappa Theta fraternity house—was renovated by von Achen Chartered Architects.

The center, headquarters for a statewide reading service for blind and visually impaired people staffed largely by volunteer readers, is named for the Louis and Dolpha Baehr Charitable Foundation of Paola, KS, a major donor to its programs.

Adjoining it is Broadcasting Hall, housing the offices and studios for Kansas Public Radio.