Broadcasting Hall KPR

(BH)
1120 E 11th St. Lawrence, KS 66046

Completed and opened in September 2003, the building houses Kansas Public Radio, a consortium of three northeast Kansas public-radio stations of which KANU 91.5-FM is the flagship. It has five production studios, a music library and a performance hall seating 50. It was funded by donations from Hortense Oldfather, the Sunderland Foundation and the Endowment Association; von Achen Chartered Architects designed the new structure, which adjoins the Baehr Audio-Reader Center.

It supersedes “the Mud Hut,” a small structure near the Art and Design Building that had been KPR’s home since going on-air in September 1952. 


Nearby Parking