The four-story Capitol Federal Hall, home of the School of Business, opened in June 2016. The $65.7 million, 166,500-square-foot structure, east of Allen Fieldhouse on Naismith Drive, was designed by Gensler of Chicago, partnered locally by Gastinger Walker Harden + BeeTriplett Buck of Kansas City.
It was built entirely through private funding. The Capitol Federal Foundation of Topeka provided the $20 million lead gift. Capitol Federal Savings chair, president and CEO John B. Dicus earned bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the KU business school in 1983 and 1984. His father, John C. Dicus, a former Capitol Federal chair, earned his degree from KU’s business school in 1955.
The structure has north and south wings joined by a central atrium. It has 20 classrooms and 205 offices; multimedia 350- and 125-seat auditoria; labs and flexible spaces to enable student-centered learning and research; interview rooms for industry meetings and professional development; an expanded student help area; and space for centers in entrepreneurship, international business and business communication, among others.