Ekdahl Dining Center

1530 Engel Road  Lawrence, KS 66045

Opened in 1983 and known as “Mrs. E’s,” it was named in 1993 for Lenoir D. Ekdahl, director of residence-hall food service for 35 years before her retirement in 1989.

The three-level dining center for the 3,300 students in Daisy Hill residence halls adjoins Lewis Residence Hall; it features food-court style service and seats about 700 diners.

A $5 million renovation completed in August 2013 included new equipment and furnishings, new food stations, and revamped menus and food service.