Opened in 1955 as a women's residence hall, GSP is named for Gertrude Sellards Pearson, a 1901 alumna who with her husband, Joseph R. Pearson, in 1945 donated money to supplement the construction of five residence and scholarship halls. It now forms a single living unit with Corbin, 420 W. 11th St., a women's hall. The two share a dining center and Academic Resource Center, and a $13.1 million renovation in 2011-12 created suites and studios in GSP. The halls are on the site of North College, KU’s first building, constructed in 1866.
377 men and women
Crossbar connects to Corbin