Green Hall

(GRN)
1535 W. 15th St. Lawrence, KS 66045
 
 
 
 
 

This five-story building west of Naismith Drive and Murphy Hall opened for classes Oct. 17, 1977, and was dedicated Feb. 20-21, 1978. It retained the name of the 1905 hall built on Jayhawk Boulevard to house the School of Law and named in honor of Dean James W. “Uncle Jimmy” Green. It was designed by Lawrence R. Good & Associates of Lawrence; in 1987 former Chancellor and Mrs. W. Clarke Wescoe donated “Tai Chi Figure,” a large sculpture by Zhu Ming, which was sited near the hall’s entrance.

Green Hall houses the School of Law administrative and faculty offices; class and seminar rooms and moot courtrooms; the Legal Aid Clinic; Career Services and other student services; the Raymond F. Rice Reading Room; the Wheat Law Library; and the student publications Kansas Law Review and the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy.


Related Locations
Nearby Parking