Hilltop Child Development Center

(HLTP)
1605 Irving Hill Road Lawrence, KS 66045

This $3.3 million, 18,000-square-foot facility opened south of Burge Union in August 2000. It offers day care and educational programs for toddlers through sixth-graders on site as well as programs at three Lawrence elementary schools. Children of students, faculty, staff and affiliates may enroll.

In summer 2009, construction was completed on the second of two new wings. The first, the east wing, has three classrooms and was finished in August 2008. The south wing has two rooms for preschool and kindergarten pupils. Student fees and university funds largely funded the new facilities, which increased enrollment by about 85 pupils.

Hilltop was established in the Wesley Building behind Smith Hall in August 1972 after protests led by the February Sisters demanded better campus services for women, including child care.

Approximately 260 pupils


Related Locations
Nearby Parking