Joseph R. Pearson Hall

(JRP)
1122 West Campus Road Lawrence, KS 66045
 
 
 

One of five residence and scholarship halls funded by a 1945 bequest from Joseph R. and Gertrude Sellards Pearson, it was designed by State Architect John E. Brink and opened in January 1959 as a men’s hall; it closed in the early 1990s. In 2000, after major additions and renovations costing $14.1 million and designed by Gould Evans Associates, the School of Education moved in. Founded in 1909, the school had been housed in Bailey Hall since 1956; before that it was scattered in several campus buildings.

JRP houses administrative and academic offices for undergraduate and graduate programs in psychology and research in education, special education, curriculum and teaching, and educational leadership and policy studies; staff and faculty offices; counseling, advising and placement centers; and research, resource and technology centers.