Kurata Building

(KB)
2330 Crowell Drive Lawrence, KS 66047

The 5,000-square-foot building, dedicated Oct. 27, 1990, was designed by Hicks-Messick & Associates of Lawrence. It is named for Fred Kurata, a professor of chemical and petroleum engineering 1947-78 who held two distinguished professorships and was a leader in thermodynamics research.

When it opened, it housed labs and mechanical and conference areas for thermodynamics research.

It now houses the Department of Environment, Health & Safety and its units, including hazardous materials, asbestos and lead, laboratory safety, and occupational safety and health services.