McCarthy Hall

1741 Naismith Drive Lawrence, KS 66045

This three-story, $11.2-million apartment building opened in October 2015 to house the 16-member men’s basketball team, about 20 older men students, and a resident director in two-bedroom/two-bath and four-bedroom/ two-bath apartments.

Each apartment comprises a living room, full kitchen, dining room, and bedrooms; the building also has study rooms and a lounge on each floor, laundry facilities, a multipurpose room with kitchen, a recreation room, media room, a balcony deck, and a half-court basketball court.

Alumni Kent and Missy McCarthy were lead donors for construction of the apartments, which are named for his mother, the late Marie S. McCarthy, a 1951 alumna. Treanor Architects of Lawrence designed the building.