McCollum Residence Hall

(MCH)
1800 Engel Road Lawrence, KS 66045
The largest residence hall for men and women on Daisy Hill opened in 1965 was demolished in November 2015.
 
It was named for brothers Elmer V. and Burton McCollum, alumni and distinguished scientists who grew up in Lawrence.

Elmer V. McCollum (1879-1967) received a chemistry degree in 1903 and a master’s in 1904; Burton (1880-1964) completed his electrical engineering degree in 1903. Elmer, who received a doctorate from Yale and was a professor of biochemistry at Johns Hopkins University, discovered vitamins A and D; Burton became a geophysicist and helped pioneer the use of seismography to drill for oil.