Named for Burton McCollum (1880-1964), a 1903 graduate in electrical engineering who made pioneering discoveries in sound-wave exploration and geophysics, this interdisciplinary research facility was funded by his estate and by income from more than 30 patents. Now part of the Higuchi Biosciences Center on west campus, it opened in May 1971 and was expanded in 1973. State Architect James Canole oversaw the project. It houses the pharmaceutical chemistry department of the School of Pharmacy.
Departments and Units