Military Science Building

(MS)
1520 Summerfield Hall Drive Lawrence, KS 66045

Construction began in spring 1941 on this Works Progress Administration project and was completed by legislative appropriations after the WPA was disbanded. The building — faced with limestone from old Snow Hall, demolished in 1934 — was completed Nov. 1, 1943. It houses the Reserved Officer Training Corps programs of the the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the U.S. Navy; a rifle range and artillery storage; a drill room; classrooms; and offices.