In 1936 Elizabeth Miller Watkins donated $75,000 to build a twin immediately south of Watkins Scholarship Hall, which she had financed in 1925. The building was named for her brother, Frank C. Miller, a KU student in the 1880s.
As she had before, Watkins oversaw the decorating and furnishing of the yellow-brick, colonial-style hall, designed by Thomas Williamson. It opened in 1937 to house women who do their own cooking and household management to save room and board fees. Like Watkins Hall, Miller is partly maintained through a trust Watkins established.