Moore Hall

(MOOR)
1930 Constant Ave. Lawrence, KS 66047

This building, housing the Kansas Geological Survey, was designed by Thomas, Johnson, Isley and dedicated Feb. 2, 1973. It is named for Raymond C. Moore (1892-1974), state geologist, KGS director 1916-54 and a faculty member 1916-62; he was a Summerfield Distinguished Professor, chair of geology and a leading scholar/editor in invertebrate paleontology. It houses the KGS geohydrology and exploration services sections, along with Public Outreach and administration.