National Register of Historic Places

Lawrence, KS

In April 2013, the University of Kansas Historic District was added to the National Register of Historic Places, after being listed on the Register of Historic Kansas Places in February 2013.

The district covers the period 1863-1951 and encompasses the Hill, Potter Lake, Memorial Drive, Jayhawk Boulevard, and the Prairie Acre. Buildings included are the Memorial Campanile, Watson Library, Budig-Hoch Auditoria, and Lindley Hall as well as the five buildings previously listed on the National Register: Dyche Hall, Green/Lippincott Hall, and Spooner Hall, all added in 1974; Strong Hall (1998); and Bailey Hall (2001).

The district was created with support from Historic Mount Oread Friends, the Campus Historic Preservation and Heritage Advisory boards, Rosin Preservation, Treanor Architects, and landscape historian Carol Grove.

Historic District Map (PDF) >>


Nearby Parking