Pearson Scholarship Hall

(PEAR)
1426 Alumni Place Lawrence, KS 66044

Gertrude Sellards Pearson (1880-1968), a 1901 alumna, and her husband, Joseph R. Pearson (1880-1955), of Corsicana, Texas, donated $200,000 in June 1945 for five residence and scholarship halls. Raymond Coolidge, a 1924 graduate and former Kansas state architect, designed this brick building. It houses 48 men in two-person suites and opened in fall 1952; a renovation was completed in 1992. The hall is named for a niece of Pearson’s.


Nearby Parking