Stephenson Scholarship Hall

1404 Alumni Place Lawrence, KS 66044

Opened in fall 1951, the hall houses men in two-person suites. Designed by Raymond Coolidge, it was partly funded by Mrs. Lyle Stephenson in memory of her husband, a Kansas City insurance salesman and amateur entomologist. It was built on the eastern edge of the Brynwood estate property obtained from Acacia fraternity by Olin Templin in 1939.