Watkins Home

(WATH)
1540 Sunflower Road Lawrence, KS 66045

In 1937 Elizabeth M. Watkins donated funds for a residence hall for nurses working at Watkins Memorial Hospital, immediately north; it served that purpose until 1974. The stone building was designed by State Architect Raymond Coolidge. It housed the Hall Center for the Humanities from 1984 to 2005. The School of Social Welfare now uses the facility for several programs.


Nearby Parking