Youngberg Hall

(YOUN)
2385 Irving Hill Road Lawrence, KS 66045

Designed by Neville, Sharp & Simon of Kansas City and completed in 1960, this brick building originally housed the Center for Research in Engineering Science, which became the Center for Research Inc. in 1962. From January 1976 to April 1998 it housed KU Endowment, which built it and owns it, and it is named for Irvin E. Youngberg, a 1942 alumnus and the association’s executive secretary 1948-75. 

The KU Center for Research moved back to Youngberg Hall from Nichols, Strong and Carruth-O’Leary halls. Youngberg Hall now houses the office of the vice chancellor for Research & Graduate Studies; and financial, legal, information, employment and various program administrators and staff.