This building, housing the Kansas Geological Survey, was designed by Thomas, Johnson, Isley and dedicated Feb. 2, 1973. It is named for Raymond C. Moore (1892-1974), state geologist, KGS director 1916-54 and a faculty member 1916-62; he was a Summerfield Distinguished Professor, chair of geology and a leading scholar/editor in invertebrate paleontology. It houses the KGS geohydrology and exploration services sections, along with Public Outreach and administration.
This 1983 addition to Moore Hall includes an auditorium seating 45 and is named for William W. Hambleton, alumnus/faculty member, state geologist and KGS director 1970-87. It houses the Publication Sales division of the KGS, the Data Access and Support program and public data and library services.
This building, also attached to Moore Hall, was dedicated March 26, 1968, as a U.S. Geological Survey facility. The USGS moved to other offices in 1989, and Parker now houses KGS offices including energy research and stratigraphic research. It is named for Glenn L. Parker, an alumnus and chief hydraulic engineer for the USGS 1939-46.