The $31-million football complex adjacent to David Booth Kansas Memorial Stadium opened in August 2008. HNTB Architecture of Kansas City, Mo., oversaw plans for the 80,000-square-foot complex that includes academic areas; locker rooms; facilities for weight and cardio training, hydrotherapy, audio-visual screenings and nutrition; coaches’ offices; two adjacent practice fields; and parking lots.
The roof of the weight room, about 20,000 square feet, is bermed into the hill to the southwest of the stadium and covered with grass.
Among the major donors for the complex are Dana and Sue Anderson and their son, Justin, and his wife, Jean, who pledged $12 million for the complex named in their honor; Tom and Julie Kivisto, for whom the stadium field has been named; Charles and Sharon Lynch Kimbell; Frank Sabatini and family; and Ken Wagnon; an anonymous interest-free loan of $6.5 million also was made.
Anderson Family Football Complex
1146 Fambrough Way
Lawrence, KS 66044