Dedicated Oct. 7, 1989, it is named in honor of Fred and Marian Anschutz, parents of Philip Anschutz, a 1961 business alumnus and entrepreneur in telecommunications, entertainment and media companies, sports teams and arenas, railroads, and real estate. He and his wife, Nancy, gave $6.5 million for an endowed library acquisitions fund. Peckham Guyton Albers & Viets Inc. of Overland Park were the architects.
The library houses the Learning Studio, the KU Writing Center, a Reflection Room, the IQ Cafe, and scientific and technology holdings. It is a Regional Federal Depository for U.S. documents and an official depository library for the United Nations and the European Union. It also houses Government Information Services and data services; instructional services; and the Thomas R. Smith Map Collection.
1301 Hoch Auditoria Drive
Lawrence, KS 66045