This hall was partly funded by the estate of Lawrence merchant and philanthropist Luther N. Lewis (1865-1933) and his widow, Lucene Barker Lewis, who died in 1956; both attended KU in the 1880s.
It opened in spring 1960 as a women's hall; major renovations were done in 1998-99. It now houses men and women; each floor, or “house,” honors a person or tradition of excellence at KU. In 1983 the adjoining Ekdahl Dining Commons, named for longtime food services director Lenoir Ekdahl and known as "Mrs. E's," opened.
Lewis Residence Hall
1530 Engel Road
Lawrence, KS 66045